But that’s cool. I’m okay with that.
Here’s the thing: I’ve been home sick for a few days, and this virus-induced deliruim has spawned in me a sudden, profound appreciation…
…for Weird Al.
The thing that I love about this song is that I am almost certain that my White & Nerdy score is higher than yours. Let’s compare. And, to keep things nerdy, let’s express each score as a binary value.
- First in my class in MIT: 0
- Champion at D&D: 1
- M.C. Escher favorite MC: 1
- Keep your 40, I’ll have earl grey tea: 1
- My rims never spin (they are stationary): 1
- My action figures are cherry: 1
- Stephen Hawking in my library: 1
- MySpace page pimped out: 0. Clearly, I need to get on this.
- People begging for top 8 spaces: 0
- Know Pi to 1000 places: 0
- No grills, still wear braces: 0
- Sandwiches with mayonnaise: 0
- Wiz at Minesweeper (play for days): 1 (I welcome all challengers)
- Fingers move so fast set the place ablaze: 1
- No KillerApp I haven’t run: 1
- At Pascal I’m #1: 1 (this i, perhaps, a stretch)
- Do vector calculus just for fun: 0
- Ain’t got a gat, got a soldering gun: 1
- Happy Days favorite theme song: 0
- Kick your butt in a game of ping pong: 0
- Ace any trivia quiz you bring on: 0
- X-Men comics you know I collect ’em: 1
- Pens in my pocket I must protect ’em: 0
- Ergonomic keyboard never leaves me: 1
- Shoppin’ online for deals on writeable media: 1
- I edit Wikipedia: 1
- Memorize Holy Grail really well: 1
- Can recite it right now, have you ROTFLOL: 1
- Got a business doin’ websites: 0
- When my friends need some code who do they call (do HTML for ’em all): 1
- Even made a homepage for my dog: 0
- Got myself a fannypack: 0
- They were havin’ a sale down at the Gap: 0
- Spend my nights with a roll of bubble wrap (hope no one sees me gettin’ freaky): uh…0
- Was in AV club: 0
- In glee club: 0
- And even the chess team: 0
- Only question I thought was hard: like Kirk, or like Picard: 0
- Spend every weekend at the Renaissance faire: 1
- Got my name on my underwear: 0. But I know you don’t believe me.
Bonus points! Video only events!
- Made video of self swinging pole around like a Jedi: 1. I mean, who hasn’t.
- Gave powerstrip as a present: 1
- Play badmitton with preppy white crowd: 0
- Bought bootleg Star Wars Christmas Special: 0. But I know someone who did. That’s right, I’m talkin’ to you, Santo.
Thus, my W&N score is 21/45. That’s solid, people.
It says something about my last few days that I’ve listened to this song like fifteen times. And very little else. However, I gotta tell ya: for my money, if you are in the mood for Weird Al, there is no better place to go than the video of Trapped in the Drive-Thru.
I gotta say, that there video thang makes me snort and giggle uncontrollably. Why, though?? Why???